AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pioneer SX1250 Receiver that I would like to connect to my (10 year old) TV LG 55 inch and be able to use a Roku stick. I know I can install the Roku to the TV though an available HDMI port but I would like to control the volume through the SX 1250 if possible.

Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Wow, that's one vintage receiver. U did not list the TV model, but in general you are looking to get analog audio from the TV, headphone jack? and send it to the Pioneer.

If the TV has a variable output headphone jack, you should be able to control the volume via TV, but you have to be careful if you have anything else connected to the Pioneer, or use its tuner, cuz its own volume knob would be turned up kinda high. U will be using the Pioneer like a power amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Thanks again for the previous replies to my question.

I have a little additional information and also a question as to the type device I should use and (possibly) a link to the item.

The TV is an "LG 55LA9500 TV"
The Receiver is a Pioneer SX1250

Pictures of the read of both units are attached.
Thank you in advance again.
Cute Louise

Attachments

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Just plug a super common 1/8" to RCA cable between the two. Plug the 1/8" plug into that ext.audio/headphone jack on the back of the tv, and the RCA to one of the inputs of the receiver.

I would suggest looking at the tv settings and making sure the output is line level output and not headphone output. This usually ensures the output is not affected by the tv volume settings as well as making it the proper level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts