AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba 62HM95 DLP HDTV, a JVC Audio/Video control receiver and a Motorola dual tuner DVR/HDTV compatable cable box. All 3 have HDMI connections.

The problem I am having is after connecting all these components via HDMI cables I receive a message display that states the "set top does not support HD content" before the screen turns green.

Any ideas or suggestion to deal with this problem is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You can troubleshoot this further by connecting the STB directly to the TV. If this works, then it's quite possible the STB does not support the HDCP repeater function. We've seen a some HDMI source devices which do not perform this very important function that is a requirement of HDCP compliant products, and we are taking steps to address this.

You can also call up your cable provider, ask them for suggestions, and ask them to issue you new version of firmware that will enable your STB to support this function. In many cases, this shortcoming can be resolved with a new version of firmware.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.