AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pioneer VSX-01TXH AVR has relatively loose HDMI ports and I've been searching for a way to make the cables stay in more securely. Blue Echo Solutions just came out with its HDMI connector locks and they are very effective. The base mounts on the port using either the port's small anchor screw or an adhesive strip and there's a plate that slips into the base and screws down on the body of the cable's connector once it's inserted into the port. It works like a charm and is something that is long overdue. I over torqued the second lock and broke it and Tony Eppright, Blue Echo's president is sending me a replacement lock assembly. He's just a really good guy.

The web link is: www.hdezlock.com . The locks are $20 for two and they are well worth it. If you want a very secure and flexible solution, combine the locks with Monprice's Port Saver extension adaptor cables. I have those locked into the AVR's ports and have the actual HDMI input and output cables connected to them. It pretty much makes the whole setup a "quick release" type of system without having to unlock at the AVR end.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts