AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat long-standing problem with my secondary system that I'd love to resolve, so I can get to enjoying it!

I have my older NECT LT-150 projector setup to receive a signal via a mono price HDMI to VGA converter box. It's native resolution is 1024x768, and has vga, svido, and composite video inputs.

Sadly, it seems like pretty much any HDMI source I feed into it feeds only a black picture, which I'm assuming is a HDCP handshake issue. If I use a source that doesn't have HDCP (or at least that I suspect has it), it seems to work fine...which is pretty much only my xbox 360 -- as it can be adjusted to output 1024x768.

I've tried a boxee box, as well as an Apple TV, and neither of them seem to be able to support that resolution and / or the HDCP issue.

I'd love to be able to feed it a down-ressed HD signal, as the projector itself doesn't have very nice upscaling / downscaling capabilities. When it was my main display device, I had everything feeding through an OLD Pentium 3 computer using dsclaer, which has since been retired & is no longer an option.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions for me? The device is, I know, no where near 'state of the art', but it is a very great bang-for-buck item, and I figure since I already have it...heck...why not use it?! From the above issues, however, it has just been sitting in wait, mounted, ready to be viewed ... without any real success.

Suggestions are very welcome.

John

·
Registered
663 Posts
not for less money than a new projector or something with a whole lot more horse power than a Pentium 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts