AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a solution to distribute HDMI Video and Audio signal to 3 displays at the same time. I have prewired my basement for 3 seperate televisions in a bar/entertainment area. Each television has an HDMI Cable, 2 cat 5e, and 2 coax lines all home run to the same closet. I would like to be able to find a solution that would allow me to utilize 1 HDMI DVD Player and 1 HDMI Cable box to send signals to all 3 displays. In addition to that it would be nice for each display to have the capability to select which of the 2 sources to display. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
What you're describing is a Matrix switcher. HDMI Matrix systems are very rare at this point, though you may be able to find one in the size you need for this application.

It would be very easy to send one source to all three displays - you could, for example, use our Audio Authority model 1394 HDMI Distribution Amplifier to duplicate the signal to three displays. It would also be easy to switch between sources using a switcher in front of that distribution amplifier. However, this would mean that you're still watching the same thing on all three TVs at the same time.

I hope that helps.

Trent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.