AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so my DVD player has HDMI out yet the projector I'm using doesn't have an HDMI in, rather it's got a DVI in. Then when I was looking at cables online I then realized how uneducated I was on the topic: there are several kinds of DVI.]

I'm hoping I have DVI-D, but I'm not sure. Anyway I added a picture of the input on my projector (its an Infocus LP 640). If it's DVI-D then getting the cable shouldn't be a problem, if it's DVI-A would there be anyway to get an HDMI/DVI-D cable then attach some kind of converter to convert the DVI-D into DVI-A. I'm really trying to use the DVI because the only otherway I can connect the DVD player to my projector is via composite video which isn't top quality.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotcha so i need an m1 connection -- thanks

heres the next questions: i calculated, i need about 28 feet but they dont have a 30ft cable, only a 25 and a 35. what are your thoughts of getting a 25ft cable and then a 3ft cable and putting them 2gether (the 3ft would obv b female/male) or just getting a 35 fter and dealing with the slack

or better yet since they make 30ft hdmi cables, just get a 30ft hdmi cable and get an hdmi/m1 adapter and only have 3ft of slack rather than 8?

·
Registered
269 Posts
One more thing to check is whether your projector supports HDCP. A few years ago, projectors started to upgrade their DVI connections with HDCP support, so hopefully yours has this. If not, you may run into issues watching certain types of content that require protection of the interface. For example, most DVD players will limit their HDMI output to 480p (some even turn it off, depends on the manufacturer) if the display does not support DVI HDCP or HDMI HDCP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.