AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking of picking up a Toshiba HD-DVD player. But I have a question regarding hookup.

1. Can I send just audio using a HDMI cable to my Pio 92 and then component directly to my pio 5080?

2. I know this isn't a Pio 92 thread but can I bypass the video output on my Pio and set it to "through" or something like that?

Thanks

·
Registered
22,351 Posts
You can do it, but you won't get upscaled SD-DVD from component, just black screen, on any DVD that's CSS encrypted.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/12939593

You can do it, but you won't get upscaled SD-DVD from component, just black screen, on any DVD that's CSS encrypted.

True. The work-around is to switch the video resolution to 480p before playing a DVD. Of course, DVDs will not not be upscaled, but may still llok just as good depending on how well your TV scales 480p.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I bought my brother an A3 for Christmas and the A3 will output to both HDMI and component depending on HD/DVD encryption and output resolution.

Currently all HD DVDs will output via Component-Out and HDMI at the same time at 480p, 720p or 1080i. But encrypted or retail DVDs will not output via Component-Out at 720p or 1080i ONLY 480p.

...Angelo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts