AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

When I connect my cable box to my receiver and my receiver to my TV, all via HDMI, the sound come out of my audio speakers just fine but get no sound out of the TV,  Anyone know why?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Many have found that AVR units extract audio content from HDMI but DO NOT handle video in any predicable manner. The HDMI output from the AVR is to monitor the unit, not watch input content. I let the TV select the input content and the AVR gets its input from optical link (TOSLINK). The only setups I've seen that were compatible enough to do what you're trying, was with units from the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebers  /t/1520664/hdmi-for-yamaha-rx-v663#post_24430638

When I connect my cable box to my receiver and my receiver to my TV, all via HDMI, the sound come out of my audio speakers just fine but get no sound out of the TV,  Anyone know why?

Hi eebers, are you trying to pass cable box audio where it comes out of the TV speaker? Or trying to pass the TV audio where it would come out of receiver connected speakers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

HI, the HDMI output from the cable box travels along an HDMI cable to the HDMI CBL/DVR input of the receiver. The HDMI out from the receiver goes to the HDMI input of the TV set. I wonder if I should connect an optical cable out of the TV and back into the receiver....

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebers  /t/1520664/hdmi-for-yamaha-rx-v663#post_24430976

So, you're saying the problem would go away if I used an optical link instead of HDMI?

Sorry but what problem are you having?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebers  /t/1520664/hdmi-for-yamaha-rx-v663#post_24431150

I wonder if I should connect an optical cable out of the TV and back into the receiver....

Why?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts