AVS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The Goal for this is to convert a 1080p60 Signal from my StreamingDevice (AppleTV) to a 1080p120 Signal.

My Television has big Problems with Motionflow on 60p Signals! But with a native 120p Signal the Motionflow works without Problems!

I have done Tests with some 60p files, which I have software converted on a Computer to 120Hz! And these Files show absolutely no Motionflow Problems.

That is why I need a Device, which simply double the Framerate of the 1080p60 Output and then my Motionflow Issues are finally gone 😉
You say here the motionflow (motion Interpolation) problems exist with 60hz and not 120hz. What I'm saying is the reason you are seeing no Interpolation artifacts at 120hz is because motion Interpolation cannot be used on 120hz content. So to get rid of Interpolation artifacts on 60hz content, turn off motion Interpolation

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Ok, let me say: I don’t need Motion Interpolation…

For my Test I just need a HDMI device, which doubles the Framerate of the Input and Output it over HDMI!

Is there a device for this available?
One last time....

If the sources you are accessing have been encoded at 23.976fps or 24.000fps and your Apple TV device is outputting them at 60.000Hz then you will always see problems with motion. Finding/buying a device that doubles the frequency from 60Hz to 120Hz wont help you at all. Indeed, it will make things worse!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is just a Test, to try out some other things as well… All I need is a doubled Framerate, independently why…

Is there a possibility?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
This is just a Test, to try out some other things as well… All I need is a doubled Framerate, independently why…
What other things are you using your Apple TV device for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It’s an independent Test I will do. I use my AppleTV in another way for my daily use!

This is just a Test and it has nothing to do in which way I use the AppleTV!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Get a Lumagen Radiance Pro or a MadVR Envy then. Pretty expensive just for a "test" though.

I would still suggest you to try to tell us what your real issue is. There is probably a real cheaper fix for it.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
I see „Lumagen“ is extremely expensive.
And it has Features which for my use are needless, I just want to double the Framerate…

Is there another Device or a Switch or whatever available for this? 😉

for example what is this:

I have no experience and don’t know if this is the right to do a 1080p60 to 1080p120 Frameconversion by Doubling the Frames?
It appears that this device does not support conversion of HDCP encrypted content. So it probably can't do what you want.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It appears that this device does not support conversion of HDCP encrypted content. So it probably can't do what you want.
Also looks from the manual that it doesn't do 120hz.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't think anyone reading this is aware of something that will currently do this except for possibly the lumagen at 1080p... just out of curiosity what is your display?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

Is there a possibility?
Not unless you're willing to spend a lot of money. Lumagen, madVR Envy, or you could try in software on an HTPC but won't be able to use external inputs that way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
No those I listed are the only ones. There hasn’t been any need or demand for this since TVs recently started accepting 120Hz input. Video processors are expensive in general. It would be cheaper for you to find a TV that handles 120 Hz the way you like.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts