AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE PIONEER VSX-917V RECEIVER AND Pioneer DV-400V-K . I have the HDMI from the DVD to the Receiver and an S-Cable from the Receiver to the TV...NO sound NO Video" WHAT AM i DOING WRONG?

·
Registered
212 Posts
None of the HDMI receivers on the market can transcode from HDMI down to S-Video. Usually it's the other way around - higher grade receiver can upconvert S-Video to HDMI. If you do not have a HDMI TV yet, you will need to use the analog ports (S-Video and L/R audio) on the DVD player and receiver for now. When you upgrade the TV, you can then go all HDMI.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
If your TV doesn't have HDMI or DVI, run component cables (not s-video). If your TV doesn't have component either, it's time for a new TV.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhdz /forum/post/0

If you do not have a HDMI TV yet, you will need to use the analog ports (S-Video and L/R audio) on the DVD player and receiver for now. When you upgrade the TV, you can then go all HDMI.

Why does he have to use analog stereo left and right when he can use either optical or coaxial digital for 5.1 surround sound and the s-video can rundirectly to the tv...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts