AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple 50 foot HDMI runs (Monoprice 24awg I believe) coming off a gefentv 1:4 splitter and they are not 100% reliable. Depending on the device and display I lay not be able to get a handshake... even at 720p. 1080 is even worse. I have tried a monoprice equalizer at the end of the runs with no luck. If I remove the splitter it seems to solve the problems but I need some way of getting the output to multiple display. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Try other switchers. My old oppo switch was rock solid and never had any issues. I've never had success with monoprice switchers/matrix with long HDMI runs around 45 feet and on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can you try different cables? I've used a few monoprice splitters and matrix switchers and not had problems. For the price there HDMI products are great. However I would never install one of there cables in a wall, there quality control is no where near that level of dependability!! Myself and a few others here use Vanco installer series, out of 40 or 50 I've installed in the last year I haven't had one cable give me a problem. All of them were 35 or 50 feet in length.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_fr /forum/post/0

These are complex issues. Can you tell us what devices are connected to your switch and their capabilities. Because of HDMI handshake issues, it will default to the highest common denominator.

Lowest common denominator, which has nothing to do with hand shake. Lowest common denominator is for compatibility between connected devices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.