AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I just bought a new Yamaha RX-V663 today because my old Pioneer died. Hooked everything up and put all components running to my new receiver. I also ran the HDMI cable from the FIOS cable box to the receiver. I ran an HDMI/DVI cable from the HDMI output to the DVI (Digital In) on my JVC AV-48WP30 HD rear projection TV (5 yrs old). When I switch everything on the screen flickers and I get a picture for a couple of seconds and then it vanishes. I tried wiring the cable box HDMI direct to the DVI input on the TV and got the same thing happening and some kind of HDCP error. How can I make everything work? One of the reasons for buying this system is to run only one cable to the TV and not have to run everything.

THANKS,

Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
The reason why you are having the problem is because you running from HDMI to DVI you cannot do that DUE HDCP compliance issues currently you cannot convert from HDMI to any signal like DVI or component.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I looked up info on your JVC AV-48WP30 and it states that it is DVI/HDCP compatible so it should work. However HDCP is notoriously finicky so that's no guarantee. You might try a different HDMI to DVI cable that is stated to be HDCP compliant (Monoprice and others sell such cables).

Other than that, you may have to go back to component.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have somewhat similar problem.

I have a 42" Plasma display, PS3, Comcast HD-DVR and Bose V30 set-up at home.

The Comcast HD-DVR and PS3 are connected to the Bose system by HDMI cables and HDMI-DVI cable connects Bose with the Plasma display.

I just want to be able to switch the plasma display off when using either the PS3 or comcast box for music only. Basically be able to use the Bose system in the sound only mode. (Plasma burn-in issue)

I tried using all the settings on all the three boxes but cant find a way to swtich the plasma display off and still listen to music. As soon as I switch the display off the sound goes away too, although the Bose system remains On

Can anyone please help. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
sonalivg, see my reply in your original thread thread you created about this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts