AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the long awaited day of bringing life to my new home theater. It has taken 3 months to finish my basement and build out the theater room, etc. Anyway, I have a somewhat basic question...

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver connected to my Panasonic PT-AE900U projector via a component cable. Can I connect devices to my receiver such as a DVD player, via HDMI? I wasn't sure if I had to connect my DVD player via component cables also.

This may seem like a basic question, but I tried it tonight and it didn't work. This receiver is so complex, I figure I may have some settings wrong.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
No receiver does digital to analog conversion for video. You'll have to get a video processor if you want to do that most likely. Simply not something people tend to do, although I can envision a number of arguments for needing the capability. But then again, pretty much all those go out the door when using a digital display device like a DLP or LCD projector.

Why component from the receiver to the projector? The 74 converts analog to digital doesn't it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The AE900U has an HDMI input, so why not use that? A complete HDMI connection should result in a slightly better picture than component.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.