AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an older Mits Diamond RPTV that has a DVI input but looks much better using the component video inputs. Dramatically better.

For the Mits I only have two sources: (1) comcast dvr and (2) sony bdp-bx1 blu-ray player. Both were connected via component and toslink to my receiver. Worked great, but my receiver recently died. I'm going to get a new receiver/processor that will decode the new audio codecs which will require hdmi connection to the receiver.

Will I be able to connect the dvr and blu-ray player to a receiver via hdmi-1 and hdmi-2 inputs and have the receiver output video to the TV over component out? Please note, I will not be asking the receiver to upscale to component because both sources will be sending 1080i over hdmi. I just want to output over component. No upscaling.

I've been searching the forum for an answer to this specific question but haven't found a scenario identical to mine. Most ask about upscaling an analog video source (e.g. 480p dvd) prior to outputting over component.

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarche /forum/post/15592872

...Will I be able to connect the dvr and blu-ray player to a receiver via hdmi-1 and hdmi-2 inputs and have the receiver output video to the TV over component out? Please note, I will not be asking the receiver to upscale to component because both sources will be sending 1080i over hdmi. I just want to output over component. No upscaling.

No. I know of no receivers or prepros that will allow you to input via HDMI and output via component. Hence my having to replace my 65" Mits Diamond HDTV with a newer Plasma display. So you see I was in the same boat and could find no solution. But good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, but hadn't seen the question phrased with no-upscaling required.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You could pick up that HDfury2... HDMI in to component/VGA out. HDCP compliant and all that jazz... Funny thing... it was advertised just to the right while I was reading your post. I won't link to it directly but I've seen it at CURTPALME & Monoprice, both forum sponsors.

So for your situation connect your sources to your new receiver with HDMI use your HDMI out to the HDFury2 and component out to your Mits.

[Disclaimer: This is my understanding of the device I've never actually used it.]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts