AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Sony KDL 46EX700 but the HDMI ports don't work, in the repair center they ask for 300€ just for the board, so since my receiver its old, i thought to buy a new one if it works.

I was thinking in Yamaha RX-V375 or Onkyo TX-SR313 they are the more affordable to me with component out.

I will connect a Cable Box, PS3 and my HTPC.

If its possible witch one should i buy?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
No current AV receiver will convert HDMI in to component out. A couple of very old models that were released back when HDMI was brand new did, but they didn't convert HDCP protected content so would be useless with most sources, like your PlayStation 3 or cable box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge  /t/1522426/hdmi-in-to-component-out-with-receiver#post_24479149

No current AV receiver will convert HDMI in to component out. A couple of very old models that were released back when HDMI was brand new did, but they didn't convert HDCP protected content so would be useless with most sources, like your PlayStation 3 or cable box.

Thanks for your response, but how will work a capture box like Hauppage, or other capture cards that use component video in to capture?

Edit: Is it possible to use an HDMI to component converter in the receiver HDMI out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.