AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've been using my new Mitsubishi WD-60737 for a couple of weeks now. Overall I really love the new TV, the size and the color for the price cannot be beat, however I am having a few annoying problems that I was hoping someone on here may be able to help out with.

1) When changing channels on my Cable box (Comcast Scientific Atlanta DVR hooked up to HDMI 1) the screen goes blank for a second or two, then the picture reappears, but briefly displays the 'cablebox' icon and text in the upper left corner of the screen. As a self admitted channel surfer, this is a pretty annoying problem.

2) I have a Windows PC connected to the TV to watch movies, and surf the internet on. (Dell Optiplex 745, Radeon X1300, Vista Ultimate, hooked up to HDMI 3 via a DVI to HDMI cable). The PC looks fine on the TV, and is set to 1080p resolution without an issue. When I change the input away from the PC for a couple of minutes, and change it back the TV displays nothing but a blue screen. Plugging a monitor into the PC after this happens reveals that the computer is working fine. Powering the computer off, and back on again causes the computer to once again work on the TV, until the input is changed.

I'm at my wits end with both of these issues. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Ya, Mits "Auto Sensing" feature is the only reason I don't like their newer Tv's. You can try inserting something between the Tv and the source devices that keeps the hdmi "hot" continuously, like an hdmi switch or AVR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is annoying. I've noticed it when starting videos in WMC and changing channels. If there were someway without going nuts to stop that I certainly would. Sigh...

I suppose after awhile I'll simply get used to it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.