AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm hooking up a new receiver to my projector. For some reason when I connect a 3ft HDMI cable the projector works fine. When I try to connect the same type of HDMI cable 6ft it doesn't work. The projector is a BenQ MS510 and the receiver is a Samsung HW-C700B. The reason I'm having a problem is because my projector is 6ft from the receiver, not 3ft. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Usually that means the cable cannot handle the bandwidth and is losing the "full" strength signal. How old is your 6 ft cable? It is rated for high speed or have anything about CEC or audio return etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried about 8 different cables (some 6ft, some 10ft, some 12ft). Two of them work, both 3ft. The highest bandwidth I've tried is about 12Gps with no luck. Funny thing is that all of the cables I've tried work from the receiver to an HDTV, but not the HD projector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoke with Samsung. They said that the HDMI would only be able to transmit a signal on a cable 5ft or less. Really?

I guess I will try an HDMI repeater then.

Thanks for the help on the forum.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That is crazy. It should not be that way. I have a Panny 900 projecting fine with a 50 ft. HDMI cable. I think something is wrong with the receiver. Maybe try a direct HDMI link from the Blu-Ray player to the projector; see if the problem only happens with the receiver in the link.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCosmoJ /forum/post/20785959

Just spoke with Samsung. They said that the HDMI would only be able to transmit a signal on a cable 5ft or less. Really?

I guess I will try an HDMI repeater then.

Thanks for the help on the forum.

That's horse manure. You can easily run further!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have a 40 footer on my Runco no issues. I am even have a connector connecting two cables.

I do not think there is any way they could limit the run of the cable but maybe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.