AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Gefen 4x4 HDMI matrix in a rack with all my other equipment. I am using 3 inputs (DVD, and 2 SKY HD boxes (UK Satelite)). This is distriuting to 4 locations over cat5e using the gefen extender units.

If this image is connected straight to either a projector or plasma, then the image is nice and clear. However, for e.g. in the cinema, I have a localised Denon avr2807 amp, with a Denon DVD-3930. The Denon locks onto the signal of the DVD perfectly, but not the chosen image from the Gefen matrix. The image seems to need the handshake to make this work.

If I remove either the amp OR matrix from the equation the image is clear and precise. I just dont seem to be able to use both at the same time, ut I really need to, to get the system working properly.

and yes, I have tried to use the dip switches on the Gefen sender/receiver boxes, change the Sky HD to 1080i output. Just remember, its only when the avr is comined with the matrix, it fails to lock to the video signal. audio is working fine!!!!

any HDMI Guru's, please help!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-----Update-----

Gefen have now realised the prolem. It occurs with Yamaha & Denon avr's. This is due to the way the HDCP code is decifered. Both Yamaha & Denon decifer, the HDCP in a complete different way to everyone else. Gefen are writing new software / firmware to correct this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.