AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my HS20 viewing experience quadrupaled this weekend when I discovered a settings menu dedicated to the HDMI output on the Pioneer DV-59AVI. I had spent the better part of an hour trying to tweak the picture myself to get all the impuraties to go away, much more than I had ever expected from this projector / player combination. After fartin around with it I stumbled literally across an HDMI menu that had a series of settings one which simply says HDMI direct, (i think). My picture instantly went from not so good to include horizontal banding or something like that to nearly a perfect image. The color changed, the black became blacker in fact on black scenes now, like underworld, you can't see where the screen stops and the top or bottom edge of the movie starts. I also noticed several settings that allow you to increase the whites and increase the blacks. I have never seen so many settings on a DVD player. There was nothing that I could do manually to make the picture look better than what this one simple setting had to offer. Not too mention that it was simply a Dave Matthews live in Central Park DVD and I am running two 15 HDMI to DVI cables splice with a DVI to DVI connector. That's a 30 foot run without an artifact to talk about.

So I don't know what exactly this setting entails but wahtever it's doing is simply amazing. So good that I had to go back to watch a couple movies again just to see how much better they looked.

I am not trying to push the Pioneer but watching movies via HDMI before I found the setting was not impressive at all. Not sure what other DVD players are offering in the way of HDMI out but this might be a worther investment for any projecotr use with and HDMI in available.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.