AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Samsung 8500 lcd and a PS3 for bluray. I have an HDMI to the tv and since my receiver isnt HDMI, I am using the optical line from the PS3 to my receiver.- While playing a blu-ray movie I noticed a hint of lip syncing,(enough for my wife to notice), but in other parts it corrects then continues again. What could be the culprit? Better HDMI cable, the video processing options for the tv/blu-ray player making it out of sync (I'm running it 24hz)- any audio options in the blu-ray player to adjust?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i dont believe the ps3 has any audio sync settings. i would say the tv is to culprit. my vizio has a specific setting for lip sync that i can adjust. if your samsung doesnt have that setting, make sure you try turning off all the image enhancing settings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your help- That makes sense that the video processing would cause the small voice lag- but I bought the tv for these features. I will return the tv before I settle for turning off these features. When I have the sound direct to the tv with the HDMI it is in sync but the tv speakers suck. Would buying a new receiver with HDMI inputs fix the problem?? I wonder if anyone else using an optical line to the receiver is having this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently have a 5.1 sony system (DTS-Dolby Digital). I am curious about the HDMI switcher. I am running my bluray and Dish via HDMI into the tv and using a three way switcher for my optical into my receiver(xbox360,PS3 and Dish). I am a little fuzzy on how I would hook this up but I'll look into this- thanks..I thought my only option was a new receiver that correctly matches the audio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.