AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So did MS screw something up for those of us using HDMI for video and Optical for Audio? I have an HDMI receiver but it introduces too much lag so I've continued to use the HDMI/Optical combo without any problems. But since last weeks update I'm not getting any audio from my stereo. HDMI audio to the TV works OK but that is not a real solution. I guess I could try to offset to lag with controls on the stereo but I'd rather not have to. Anybody else having this problem. I tried different inputs on the receiver and a different optical cable, too. Also, it's a 2007 Samsung LED DLP and a 2008 Onkyo stereo.

XBOX ==> HDMI ==> TV

XBOX ==> OPT ==> ONKYO

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i use hdmi to TV and optical to AVR and have no issues. have you tried cleaning up the HDD cache.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
You should check whether the cable really is still plugged in, and that your stereo is set/assigned to listen to the digital input on that particular input. Both seem trivial and silly, but they're easy to overlook, and people have had the audio cable come loose before unexpectedly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter /forum/post/17019132

i use hdmi to TV and optical to AVR and have no issues. have you tried cleaning up the HDD cache.

The HDD is only a few months old, and barely even used at that. Do you mean the systems internal memory? I've never cleared that and that's about 20 months old now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak /forum/post/17019163

You should check whether the cable really is still plugged in, and that your stereo is set/assigned to listen to the digital input on that particular input. Both seem trivial and silly, but they're easy to overlook, and people have had the audio cable come loose before unexpectedly.

I did check to make sure all cables were in place and I went into the receivers setup menu to make sure the inputs were set up the right way. This issue only came up AFTER the update last week, and MS has accidently made these odd mistakes with system updates before.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I should mention that I'm using a "modded" Component/Optical dongle and I snipped the wire that prevents the system from resetting when switching HDMI inputs, like many of us on AVS have done. That's the only thing I can think of the could be causing this.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kocis /forum/post/17019232

I guess I should mention that I'm using a "modded" Component/Optical dongle and I snipped the wire that prevents the system from resetting when switching HDMI inputs, like many of us on AVS have done. That's the only thing I can think of the could be causing this.

Using a mod'd component cable same as you and no issue with audio via optical. I also tried it with a mod'd VGA cable and the official HDMI audio dongle no problem with those either.

P.J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.