AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm not exactly sure where to post this, not much recent activity in this receiver's thread. i am currently having an issue w/ audio out from my receiver via HDMI cable. my current set up is ...

Cable/PS3/WDTV -> Pioneer Receiver inputs -> TV via HDMI out

this set up has been functional as recently as two nights ago! i can't figure it out if it's a setting issue or if the receiver is f*cked. i can scroll through all three inputs, all relay video through the receiver and up to my panny plasma. but none are relaying any audio. i'm pretty sure it's not the devices or cables, i've used different ones to connect directly to the TV and audio/video work fine ...

what worries me even more is that i currently am trying to route the cable through the TV and use optical cable out to relay sound to the receiver ... does not work. i turn "speakers off" on my Panny and the sound goes dead, flip it back to speakers on and the TV speakers work ...

damn i hope i still have a warranty on this thing ... thoughts?? help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20748374

Did you accidentally turn "audio output to TV" on?

Whatever Pioneer calls that, that could be the issue.

i will look in to this. i'm not sure what to make of the fact i can relay the video but no audio ... does that sound like hardware or settings? i feel like there's a chip somewhere in the receiver that is blown but i really don't have a clue if it what only affect audio but no video ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts