AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be feeding my new Sony PJ with one HDMI cable(from my AVM50) and about 7 meters away. The specs and features of the Wireworld Ultraviolet and the Atlona flat cable appear to be very similar but the Wireworld cable is a little more than 2x the cost of Atlona ($240 vs 100). Does anyone have any experience with these cables? Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
I was seriously considering the Atlona cable as well. It looks like it would be more flexible and easier to pull than the thicker cables out there. If memory serves, it was HDMI certified at 25 feet (by the more stringent test method). I ended up getting the top-of-the-line Blue Jeans cable for a 35 foot run, largely because I didn't find user feedback on the Atlona. Monoprice is another popular choice. I've used the Wireworld composite and S video cables and found them to be excellent.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
RapidRun Cabling especially if you will be using it inwall.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Use the one I bought. It works fine for me. Forgot what you are considering. I don't like to answer quwestions. Just make statements.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I have a 10m wireworld starlight 5.2 hdmi cable, they are great cables,flat with nice build quality and although I got a good deal some time ago, be ready to bend over and take it in the shorts

·
Registered
9,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlvr1965 /forum/post/12994243

I have a 10m wireworld starlight 5.2 hdmi cable, they are great cables,flat with nice build quality and although I got a good deal some time ago, be ready to bend over and take it in the shorts

BLUEJEAN CABLES WORK great compared to Atlona which is an on and off situation?

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
Sww
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/12993606

Use the one I bought. It works fine for me. Forgot what you are considering. I don't like to answer quwestions. Just make statements.

what a richard!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've been using a 7m Atlona flat hdmi cable without any problems, but I didn't pay $240 for it back then, which was probably 2 years ago. It was around $112. from TigerDirect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts