AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been a long time viewer of this website but have never really reached out to it. I have a small bar in San Antonio texas and have been saving to try and get a lot of my inhereited AV issues under control.

I have a mix of 55in and 70in samsung and Vizio (all 4 years old)

I have directv run to each location with a direct tv box at the TV. I also have Ethernet run to each of the TV locations plugged into the Directv boxes (even thought its not necessary with the coax network DTV creates)

I’m wanting to centrally locate all the directv boxes and inputs to the TVs in my office. I’m not sure wether it would be better to try running the HDMI over the CAT5 or the COAX back to my office and then using splitters there or if there are other better solutions.

I’m also a die hard DIY Video Wall person who just hasn’t been able to find the right TV to remove the bezel from or a really lower budget Screen frame system to mount all the screens. Any DIY threads that anyone can reference easily or ideas of what products to use?

Thanks for any and all help / comments / complaints

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
'or if there are other better solutions.' - HD or UHD over LAN is a far more robust system than cascading Splitters with Extenders and can scale to any number of Source and Display devices. Our Atlanta office can help you out on the system design.

Videowall - there are lots of thin frame options from the desktop PC market (accessing buttons can be a hassle though) and most of the big 'Support' Manufacturers now have relatively low cost multi-screen mounting solutions, how flexible you want them in terms of accessing and adjusting screens will determine the price.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts