AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the inexpensive monoprice dual cat6 hdmi bridges. It Works.. but there is lots of sparkling and artifacts. Do the cat6 cables need to be exactly the same length, within an inch? A foot?

·
Registered
18,842 Posts
Ethernet has nothing to do with it. There are no consumer devices that I know of that can use HDMI with ethernet. How long is your run? And keep in mind that there are ethernet CAT-6 cables and solid core CAT-6 cables, which are different.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Lots of variables to consider!

Some Dual cable HDMI over CAT Extenders are more tolerant of uneven cable lengths than others!

Are your Extenders Powered?

Is the power applied at the Send or Receive end?

How long are the cable runs?

How long are your HDMI Input/Output cables?

What signals are you sending over the system?

How old/new is your Display device?

Have you tested the system on a short(re) cable run - note many budget designs don't work too well unless your cables are 10m+

Joe

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Also worth lowering the resolution if you can from 1080p to 1080i or 720p. Despite the claims, I haven't seen the cheaper dual cat extenders work with 1080p material in any reasonable fashion. I've always had to drop it to 1080i, which delivered an excellent image. Of course, the more expensive HDBT solutions, using one cat cable, work phenomenally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.