AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TivoHD and a Sony DH810 Receiver.

I turned HDMI passthrough "ON" on the receiver.

I have my Tivo HDMI going into HDMI1 into the receiver and then the HDMI (TV OUT) of the receiver going into my Panasonic TV.

I currently don't have speakers hooked up to my receiver so for the time being I have it powered off and playing sound through my TV.

I notice that if I change the channel via my TIVO that anywhere between 5-60 seconds there TENDS (not confirmed 100% of the time) that I will lose just audio for a breif 2-4 seconds. After that single audio drop it is fine and no more problems (unless I change the channel). I can also rewind the TIVO and hear the audio during that drop fine.

Anyone know what could cause this and if there is anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Well, my first question would be why you would bother running HDMI to a receiver with no speakers connected. But I guess that's your business.

As for the audio issue, it's not uncommon. I lose audio as well in the same way with my Tivo. Tivo could be implemented better I think.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Well I have speakers but they are big and bulky and for the time being put away. I plan to buy smaller front/center speakers and hook them up but I just haven't gotten around to it. (short version)

Long version. I had speakers hooked up to my old receiver Soy V333ES. Bought a new very nice TV stand that has a limited depth for components. Which made me search for a new fairly short depth receiver. Saw the Sony 810 for a very good price on amazon and bought it. Hooked it up to TV soley to make sure it fit in the TV stand. It does. So in theory I could disconnect it for the time being but will have to deal with this audio issue sooner or later.

Not uncommon. Got ya. But is there anything that can be done to fix it?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Don't use HDMI is the only solution I know of. Use component video and optical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts