AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get the Panny AE1000u, but my theater is currently set-up with a 50" DLP tv so all my components are in the front of the room where I've decided to leave them. So I was wondering if I run about 50' of HDMI cable to the back of the room and up to the Projector, will that be ok? That seems like the easiest way for me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
HDMI cables vary greatly from brand to brand. Some can consistantly do 50' without any problems; others can't. There are also a number of in-line devices on the market that can boost or restore HDMI signals in long-run situations should it be necessary.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Monoprice sells very high quality cables. I have a 50' running 720p with no problems. They are worth a try because they are significantly cheaper than most.

Be sure to test the cable before you run it through the walls.

~Jay

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Take a look at this article on HDMI cable and bandwidth. 50 foot cables transporting 1080P signals is where the differences between HDMI cables begins to rear its ugly head.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
 http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...mat=4#feedback

There is a quite detailed customer review on that 50' HDMI cable. the 22 AWG is almost $100. In their test the 24AWG worked fine also, and it is under $50

Sometimes you get what you pay for... in the case of video cables you usually just get ripped off

~Jay

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 50 ft HDMI cable run where I run 1080p to a Pearl projector, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I also purchased the cable from Monoprice, it was their highest quality, thickest gauge 50 ft. cable, but it was still less than $100, which is an amazing value.

I will say, however, that I run the HDMI cable into an HDMI switcher, and I believe the switcher may have an integrated signal booster or equalizer.

I would buy the thickest monoprice one possible, you should be fine with 50 ft, even without a booster. Their cables are definitely high quality, and with a digital signal, I have a hard time believing you get any performance advantage whatsoever from a more expensive cable, it either works or it doesn't.

It is criminal what companies like Monster charge for HDMI cable, I have had many clueless friends drop $100 at Best Buy for a 6 ft cable.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_coulter /forum/post/0

I will say, however, that I run the HDMI cable into an HDMI switcher, and I believe the switcher may have an integrated signal booster or equalizer.

I have the same sort of thing, but I did try the cable direct and it worked without any issues.

~Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.