AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to AVS but not to forums in general(StackOverflow,OPO,CNC,XDA,etc.) Anyway I have Comcast and I recently had something crazy happen. My neighbors house 2 houses away got struck by lightning and half burned to the ground a few nights ago. When I heard about this the morning after the storm I had formed a theory which was confirmed a day later by Disaster Recovery Services. That the houses dish or antenna was struck and blew out my comcasts box and my HDMI ports on my Onkyo and my Sony receivers. What had happened was there was a bolt of lightning so bright and so loud that I knew it had to be near. Also the second I saw the flash the second my TV which was watching cable black screened. Apparently both my DVR and HD xfinity boxes HDMI blew along with my receivers HDMI and the outside Comcast box. After every thing was fixed that left me to fix my receivers. Everything on them appears to work except the input and possibly the output HDMIs. I would first like to know if there is any way to fix my Sony |(which has no visible damage) or any alternative solutions that are cheap. Any help is greatly appreciated so thanks in advanced and here are pics of the Sony HDMI board.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
model numbers of the receivers?

did you rule out hdmi cables and hdmi port(s) on the Tv(s)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
model numbers of the receivers?

did you rule out hdmi cables and hdmi port(s) on the Tv(s)?
Yes, thankfully my plasma and my 3d TVs are fine and I'm 99% sure the cables are all good. I found a replacement board for 60$ from sony but it may not be a guaranteed fix. The MPN are STR-DH520 and HTR670.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.