AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will have an X-Fi HomeTheater HD from Auzentech , i also will connect a tv tuner to the dvr plugs of the receiver vsx1019 from pioneer .

i ask if the video from the out of the receiver to the in of the soundcard can be viewed and recorded to the hard drive of the computer . what software will that require ?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the two soundcards like Auzentech http://www.auzentech.com/site/produc...theater_hd.php or ASUS http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QY0Ud4MG0DMfXNiQ are having it .

i know more the auzen and they only talk of using the in port for introducing the video from the vga card .

as receiver converts video to 1080p i would like to record some tv show or else in this format and then use the files to make some blue-ray .

i have asked the question before at auzentech forum but had not any answer .

if it can not record i will think that Haaallywood is sucking a lot

· Registered
2,655 Posts
that 'HDMI in' is not for capturing. It is for the sound card to take the video stream that is being outputted by your PCs video card to then add the protected HD audio stream to the video and send both to your receiver.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soundcards are made to write to the hard - drive [ if i remember well
they were used to create wav files ]

i am very surprised about that , because here in france and i think it is the same in usa and the rest of europe , the lobbies of "old artists" are doing "well their job" we have a lot of taxes on cdrom dvdrom hard drive for "them" because some said [ they should dream we listen it ] that their "music is stolen" .....

so i have to wait for a firmware hacked update or some new directshow filters to record files on my hd like i do with dvd rippers

thank you for help

· Registered
2,655 Posts
It'll never happen, because the hardware is not designed to work that way and no one has a reason to. There are plenty of other ways to get HD on a computer, whether by recording from a tuner or ripping from a bluray disc.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am not sure the tv card for pc are able to record in hd yet , i think they only do mpeg2 which is the dvd format . here is the one i have bought to install in : http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/prod...hvr2200mc.html . i also use pouchintv that is able to record or rip the dvb-t mpeg2 flux http://pouchintv.baysse.fr/ [ nice girl today at their website ;'] ]

by the way i am interested by the softwares you know to convert to HD .

i am sure that the input hdmi will be recordable or ripable because it is the way for the "mass" to have a cheap hardware real-time compressor for HD , it s unbelievable and disgusting haaallywood already managed to make that thing impossible .

like i said : they created taxes on all hard-drives or cdrom while not all are used for "stealing" music : the BIG THIEF is most likely already working at haaallywood

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Technically mpeg2 can be 'HD'. It call comes down to the resolution and bitrate. OTA and most cable HD is broadcast in mpeg2, so you are receiving a 720p or 1080i mpeg2 'HD' video. It just isn't as efficient as, say, VC-1 or h264, and so they are more commonly used for 'HD' video in blurays.

It comes down to your recording device and what resolution/bitrate it is capable of recording at which makes the difference.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
I think the main point you are totally missing is that upconverting a video to 1080p does not make it a real 1080p HD video or make it better than it was before being converted to 1080p. For example, a standard definition TV signal or a DVD converted to be "1080p" is not BluRay quality HD. It'll still look like standard TV or a DVD. In fact, you will either have to increase the file size for the "filler" used to create the 1080p frames or have a degraded file of the same size.

A recording option is a HD-PVR which can record up to 1080i over component. Since any HD TV broadcast is at most 1080i, this is a solution which will capture the HD just fine.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.