AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought one and dont know the best way to adjust the settings on my PS3 for my tv..no 1080P. Someone said I could plug in the HDMI, press the ps3 power button and hold til the 2nd beep and it will autmatically adust for me. Is this true?

thanks

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
If you do not have a picture, hold down the power button on the front of the PS3 for 5-10 seconds and you'll get a picture.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsnkman /forum/post/14197443

So I just bought one and dont know the best way to adjust the settings on my PS3 for my tv..no 1080P. Someone said I could plug in the HDMI, press the ps3 power button and hold til the 2nd beep and it will autmatically adust for me. Is this true?

thanks

Go into the Settings in the XMB and arrow down to Display Settings. Ensure HDMI is selected and the output resolutions are all checked (720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc). The PS3 will output the display at the highest resolution that your TV can handle.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsnkman /forum/post/14197443

thanks

Yes that is the easiest way to reset the video display. The PS3 and tv will do an HDMI shake and choose the resolutions your tv supports.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga6 /forum/post/14197710

Go into the Settings in the XMB and arrow down to Display Settings. Ensure HDMI is selected and the output resolutions are all checked (720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc). The PS3 will output the display at the highest resolution that your TV can handle.

I have a 720p tv (768 native), but it'll also accept a 1080i signal. Should I set the PS3 output at 1080i or 720p? Would 720p be the better choice so that I get progressive scan, or would 1080i give games a bit more detail?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
it depends on the frame rate of the game.

For >30 frames/second, 720p would be better. For 30 or less, 1080i could be better, provided all of the processing is pulled off right. I recommend you try both ways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts