AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the major difference is between expensive HDMI cables and cheaper priced ones. I am really just looking for an HDMI cable to clean up a bit behind my tv. I have too many component devices and not enough inputs so I figure I could connect my PS3 up as hdmi.

Is there any big difference in video with a cheaper HDMI cable?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought all my cable via monoprice.com... it will not disappoint or break the piggy bank..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but just wanted to thank you for pointing me to monoprice.com. My dad are expecting a 40" XBR4 and 52" XBR4, respectively, and need to get cables. We're leaning towards 6' cables to be safe, so I found the one you linked to in 6'

(sorry, apparently I can't post links)

We don't own a PS3/360/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD, and neither are in our immediate plans, but we want to connect the HD cable box to our TV's using HDMI. Any issues you see with us using these cables? Like bhelliom, we too were curious as to the overly expensive cables. Everything we've read suggests cables are cables, but it's hard to just go with the cheapest, ya know? We want to enjoy our new TVs in all their glory. lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayMeow /forum/post/13017157

Any issues you see with us using these cables?

No issues at all. At 6ft, you could practically use wet string!

When lengths get beyond 20ft and running through walls is an issue it becomes a little more important to choose the correct gauge etc., but you are fine with ANY cable you choose.

·
Registered
915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayMeow /forum/post/13017157

... Everything we've read suggests cables are cables, but it's hard to just go with the cheapest, ya know? We want to enjoy our new TVs in all their glory. lol.

Thanks.

You are an advertisers dream...feeling guilty about not spending money!

Just order the Monoprice and send me the money for the price difference between them and Monster. Or, if it makes you feel better, I will order them for you and repackage them with a fancy package. Just send me the Monster price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts