AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Mits HD1000u projector and have a Oppo 981H dvd player on the way......haven't bought any equipment in years so my receiver is a Pioneer that is about 14 yrs old......I know I need an upgrade in that department.....was wondering what are some of the cheaper receivers that do the HDMI

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooGAR /forum/post/0

I just bought the Onkyo TX-SR674. Check out the reviews here and on Cnet. Paid well under $600 for it on Ebay.

Denon AVR-987 (same as 2807) availible through an authorized dealer in NYC, great bang for your buck, just over 25% off MSRP(find on denon's website), brand new.

I ordered one yesterday and he said there was only 1 more left in stock(they'll get more).

PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
olelucky,

I also purchased a 1000u but its on the way do you have yours setup?

I am considering the following recievers

Onkyo 674

Marantz 7001

Denon 2307

I will be running Satelite HD TV via HDMI and xbox 360 with HD drive. I plan on using HDMI video to the projector via the single cable. Clearly there is a price differance with in these recievers. Please, can someone help me determine which device to choose????

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the HD1000 & am currently an HDMI to it from my cable box. I was looking at VP's & converters/switchers but it looks like a new AVR will do what I need for nearly the same money. I need the video conversion from component in to HDMI out so I can run a single HDMI to the PJ. How about the Pioneer Elite 80 ?? I see it for right around 400.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill32 /forum/post/0

I am considering the following recievers

Onkyo 674

Marantz 7001

Denon 2307

I will be running Satelite HD TV via HDMI and xbox 360 with HD drive. I plan on using HDMI video to the projector via the single cable. Clearly there is a price differance with in these recievers. Please, can someone help me determine which device to choose????

All three are good receivers at their price point, Marantz SR7001 is not really something you should compare with SR674 or Denon 2307, better comparison perhaps will be Denon 3806 (though it has only 2 HDMI inputs compared to 4 on SR7001).

In the lower price range, Denon AVR-887 also is an option (it is very similar to AVR-2307ci, minus rs232 port and 12v triggers). If you have (or are planning) a 7.1 setup, I would exclude SR674 as it is only capable of 5.1 PCM over HDMI, but can't do any surround processing on it and you will not get 7.1 from a 5.1 source.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckster /forum/post/0

I need the video conversion from component in to HDMI out so I can run a single HDMI to the PJ. How about the Pioneer Elite 80 ?? I see it for right around 400.

Pioneer Elite vsx-80txv does not do HDMI upconversion (it does upconvert to component video though).

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Sony receiver has nearly all the features of the Denon AVR 2807 and can also the the XM HD. I know Sony receivers aren't all that popular and I'm not sure why. It seems their newer models have tons of features for a very low price.

You can get the DG1000 for under $600 and if you read the CNET review, they really like it. For that money, I don't think you can go wrong.

Maybe someone who is very serious about audio can tell me why NOT to get it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.