AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I am going to hook up a projector to a onkyo 607 reciever, I have 6 HDMI inputs. I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the reciever. This will allow me to switch between the 6 hdmi modes with only running one cable to the projector. My question is what about a Nintendo Wii? someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenn24 /forum/post/16912877


if I am going to hook up a projector to a onkyo 607 reciever, I have 6 HDMI inputs. I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the reciever. This will allow me to switch between the 6 hdmi modes with only running one cable to the projector. My question is what about a Nintendo Wii? someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?

I don't know what a Wii is (some sort of video game?) but I'm curious about something. Why would you go from a projector TO the receiver? I thought a projector would only output an image onto a screen. Wouldn't the only connection be via the receiver's HDMI output to the projector?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenn24 /forum/post/16912877


someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?

According to your manual:

"■ Video Signals

Digital video signals received by the HDMI IN jacks are normally output by the HDMI OUT for display on your TV.
Composite video and component video sources can be upconverted for the HDMI output. See Video Connection Formats on page 25 for more information."


From CNET:

"Video performance

The Onkyo TX-SR607 is capable of upconverting analog signals to its HDMI output, so we put it through our video testing suite. We connected the Sony BDP-S360 via component video to the TX-SR607, with the BDP-S360 set to 480i output. The TX-SR607 was set to output at 1080i over its HDMI output, connected to the Sony KDL-52XBR7."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter White /forum/post/16912973


I don't know what a Wii is (some sort of video game?)
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what

Quote:
Why would you go from a projector TO the receiver? I thought a projector would only output an image onto a screen. Wouldn't the only connection be via the receiver's HDMI output to the projector?

Reread the post. He has 6 HDMI inputs and one output that goes from the receiver to the projector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenn24 /forum/post/16912877


if I am going to hook up a projector to a onkyo 607 reciever, I have 6 HDMI inputs. I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the reciever. This will allow me to switch between the 6 hdmi modes with only running one cable to the projector. My question is what about a Nintendo Wii? someone told me i just need to hook the wii in with compenent cables to the back of the onkyo 607 and i will be able to run it into the projector through HDMI. is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/16913417




Reread the post. He has 6 HDMI inputs and one output that goes from the receiver to the projector.

I think we should have all known what he meant, but he did say "I run a hdmi from the projector to the HDMI in on the back of the receiver".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/16913417

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what


Yeah, that's what I suspected.


Reread the post. He has 6 HDMI inputs and one output that goes from the receiver to the projector.

Your characterization of what he wrote is false. I did re-read the post. It still made no sense, hence my question. I've never used a projector, so I thought I'd ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,643 Posts
Hey... no problem. I'm used to nitpicking and I understood what he was asking.



And the beat goes on...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/16921086


Hey... no problem. I'm used to nitpicking and I understood what he was asking.



And the beat goes on...

Agreed, but in that instance re-reading the post would do nothing since it was read correctly the first time.


It's not really nitpicking on the 2 poster's part.


Sorry to interject myself into you's guys squabble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I have the sr606..I imagine your 607 is the same functionality.

I hadn't really seen anyone answer your question.. but the answer is yes.

I hook my wii in the composite (not component) in and the receiver will play it out through the HDMI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,643 Posts
Post number 3 answered the OP's concerns. No need (IMHO) to be controversial over a faux pas with terms. Maybe he/she meant "INTO"... who knows? If it's a huge problem, direct your criticisms elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/16921783


Post number 3 answered the OP's concerns. No need (IMHO) to be controversial over a faux pas with terms. Maybe he/she meant "INTO"... who knows? If it's a huge problem, direct your criticisms elsewhere.

You just don't get it do you? You spewed forth about this guy not reading the post correctly. Get this through your head: He read the post correctly YOU didn't. You just happened to realize what the OP actually meant. Maybe you're a mind reader. I don't know. Just apoligize to the number 2 poster and get on with it.


Who should I direct critism to? Seems to me the guy who started the ado would be the one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,643 Posts
Okay... I apologize. Thanks for correcting me in lieu of Mr. White. Good to have folks like you to keep everyone in check.


Question answered in post #3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,268 Posts
Actually I need to apologize to you for letting it bother me so much. I had one of those days at work and it had been a long, long week.


Add in another posters attempt to turn every thread he participates in into a "Look at me, I'm a DIYer" discussion complete with pictures of his work, which is great BTW and cost to performance ratios of DIY vs commercial.


Well anyway I am sorry.
I am sure the OP appreciates your answer.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top