AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having some issues trying to project the HDMI output of my new Android TV box (Mi Box) to my Epson projector (EH-TW5300) via a Denon AV receiver (x520bt). I also have my laptop and a regular cable TV set top box that also outputs HD content. All media sources feed into the AV receiver via the respective HDMI cables (with only one switched on at any given time) which in turn passes the video signal to the projector via a 10 meter HDMI cable and the audio to my Bose speakers.

Now there's no issue when I'm using either the laptop or my cable STB, both work flawlessly. But when I connect my new android box, there are very frequent drops in the HDMI signal. So frequent that it happens once every 10 to 15 seconds. Here are the troubleshooting methods I've tried:

1. Connect the android box HDMI cable to ports that are already in use on the Denon.
  2. Connect the android box directly to the projector via the existing 10 meter HDMI cable. It worked without any glitches, supplying the HDMI audio to the inbuit speakers on the projector itself.
  3. Connect the HDMI out on the Denon to a small 22" LCD TV using one of the HDMI cables already in use. It worked again with no glitches. I used the same new HDMI cable that I used in method 1 to connect my Android box to the Denon.

With all the combinations I've tried, I dont think theres any fault with the 10 meter HDMI cable, any of the HDMI ports on the Denon, and the newly bought Android box including its HDMI cable. I even tried all the above steps with another BELKIN cable I have that's never failed on me, with the same results. I've also repeated all the above methods on both the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 input ports on the projector. I had the same issues when I tried using the same setup to connect my Chromecast to the Denon. Is there anything amiss here that I need to correct? Any settings perhaps? Please help me sort this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First I would check your internet speed while using the Android Box vs your laptop or other devices.
Second check the app you are using with your new Android Box. In my experience different apps such as KODI and others deliver different strengths of signals causing the Android Box to drop the signal more often. I solved this by purchasing a Nvidia Shield Pro and searching until I found the most stable apps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts