AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble splitting and HDMI Output from a desktop computer to and LCd Monitor and an LCD projector in order to display them at the same time.

This covers a short distance onjly but can only get one or the other to display but not both simutaneously.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
You might want to try an active splitter to see if that solves the problem.

Try and get one from a place that allows you to return it if it doesn't suit your needs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll try that. I will also try going into the control panel on the computer and seeing if anything can be done there.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
If you have a dvi and hdmi connection on your video card, you could connect the dvi to your monitor and hdmi to your projector and use Win 7 to clone the desktop onto each display.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since HDMI is a handshaking protocol a passive splitter can only be used to enable you to not disconnect an HDMI display when it is not in use. Both connections on a passive HDMI splitter can not be used at the same time. You need a powered active HDMI splitter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got very strange problem using splitter.

I have projector and LCD TV connected via passive HDMI splitter to HDMI output of Sony laptop with Radeon 5650. They both worked well at the same time on 1920*1080 until last Win7 updates.

Now I can't use them on 1920*1080 - TV works fine, but projector has horrible distorted colors to green side even if I turn off TV. Once I switch resolution to 1680*1050 everything work(separately or together).

This situation appears on Win8 as well. Using fresh installed Win7 with driver ver 12.10 I have them work properly. But after Win7 makes updates I have a pain switching down resolution if I want to see something on projector.

I can't determine exactly which update makes this.

Does somebody have same problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts