AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm using an HDMI extractor to send the video to a project, and send the audio, through a Bluetooth transmitter to a soundbar. The setup works, but the audio is ahead of video, by maybe 300-500 mS. I'm not sure where the delay comes from, I'm guessing it's from the extractor. Has anyone dealt with this kind of problem, if the delay is from the extractor, do you have any suggestions on a model that does not cause video delay?

Here's the setup:

Source: Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV Stick
Splitter: Proster 3x1 HDMI Switch with Audio Extractor HDMI
Bluetooth transmitter: HomeSpot Bluetooth Transmitter
Soundbar: Samsung HW MM45C
Projector: Yamaha

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Bluetooth is notorious for introducing delays of this nature. I'd bet a week's pay the problem is with the Bluetooth transmitter rather than the switch box. It's to the point that I never rely on Bluetooth for any audio-video playback (I run wires, even when it's not the most elegant solution). There are transmitters that are better than others but I'm not an expert on them. Perhaps the soundbar has a delay function, similar to those found in AVRs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true, but I cannot blame it on Bluetooth this time since audio is ahead of video. The soundbar has a delay function, but it's not working. They say it only works for Dolby Digital, but I was not able to make it work at all.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Ah. Have you tried running wires (analogue or digital) from the switch box to the soundbar? If either one works without delay, then it is the Bluetooth. If there is still a delay, then it is the switch box. You could also try to run the video to something other than the projector. HDMI handshakes are notoriously fickle, especially when switching devices are in play.

The switch box product description on Amazon indicates it is not compatible with YouTube and Netflix. Perhaps it is not compatible with your Chromecast either. Try running a DVD or Blu-ray player as the source and see if the delay is still there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turned out that I was wrong, the audio was actually behind due to the Bluetooth transmitter. I switched to a different transmitter which makes it a bit better, but not perfect. So I ended up running an optical cable to the soundbar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts