AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum :)

a HDMI splitter is the right thing to get if i want to switch between my TV and my Projector isn't it ?

basically all my inputs go to my receiver and the hdmi out from the receiver will go to the switch (which i haven't bought yet) and then two outputs from the switch to my tv and projector

sound ok ?

So no audio will need to go through the switch as it's handled by my receiver

and just to confirm, there will be no video quality loss using the splitter ?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
You are correct.

Don't call it a switch though. A switch switches between multiple sources.
A splitter splits to multiple destinations.

The two terms are not interchangeable.

So, your A/V receiver will handle switching between your sources and will handle audio.

The splitter will split the output from your receiver to both the projector and the TV.

Both destination should be 1080p, or capable of 1080p resolution to maintain quality.

If there is a drop in quality, it will be because one of the destinations doesn't accept a 1080p video signal.

Oh - and use a POWERED HDMI splitter, not a passive one. Spend 40 or 50 bucks on it. Not $10.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

a HDMI splitter is the right thing to get if i want to switch between my TV and my Projector isn't it ?

basically all my inputs go to my receiver and the hdmi out from the receiver will go to the switch (which i haven't bought yet) and then two outputs from the switch to my tv and projector

sound ok ?

looking into doing something similar what did you end up getting?

·
Registered
74 Posts

sound ok ?

Hiya, so what did you end up choosing ? I am in the same boat and have taken a chance on http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LFX1UDM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts