AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I wondered if someone could assist me.

In my living room I have an Onkyo AV receiver that has Sky and Xbox One (which I also use as Bluray) connected to my TV for surround sound capability.

Sky uses the SAT input on the receiver and Xbox uses the GAME input.

I would like to be able to use the Xbox One on the TV in the next room when the main TV is being used by others (watching Sky).

Can I still do this with a splitter or can it only display the same on BOTH TVs??

If not I guess I could just connect the Xbox to the TV separately and not use the AV receiver but would lose surround sound when watching DVDs.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Run the splitter between the Xbox one and the receiver. Split the One to the other room, and then to your Onkyo. If your goal is to watch SKY in the main room and an app in the second, this should work fine. (You won't be playing games in your main room, and watching SKY via the One in the second, though...) The One does not separate signals for multiple displays.

One caveat, however...you will play hell if you decide to game in the second room. The One's controller range is sloppy, even if you are currently in the room that your One resides...

Controlling it to watch TV and Apps, via your phone or tablet, should be no problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Run the splitter between the Xbox one and the receiver. Split the One to the other room, and then to your Onkyo. If your goal is to watch SKY in the main room and an app in the second, this should work fine. (You won't be playing games in your main room, and watching SKY via the One in the second, though...) The One does not separate signals for multiple displays.

One caveat, however...you will play hell if you decide to game in the second room. The One's controller range is sloppy, even if you are currently in the room that your One resides...

Controlling it to watch TV and Apps, via your phone or tablet, should be no problem.
Cheers mate. Crazy as it sounds, the second room is literally about 5 feet away and I've tested the controller and seems to stay connected fine.

So I could game in the second room while Sky is watched in the main room?

I don't want to use Sky via the Xbox or anything like that. Just Sky box for Sky, Xbox for gaming.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Cheers mate. Crazy as it sounds, the second room is literally about 5 feet away and I've tested the controller and seems to stay connected fine.

So I could game in the second room while Sky is watched in the main room?

I don't want to use Sky via the Xbox or anything like that. Just Sky box for Sky, Xbox for gaming.

Thanks
That should work fine, in your case...congrats!

If you have Sky, are you in Europe? If so, have you tried the tuner for the Xbox One?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts