AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to invest in a 42" Panasonic Plasma (TC-P42xxx) and I'm trying to decide between a 720p or 1080p model. I know when watching video the 1080 isn't going to make much of a difference but since I'll be hooking it up to my PC I think the extra screen real estate from the higher resolution would be nice.

My question is this: I plan to output DVI to my 20" monitor as well as an HDMI signal from my PC's video card to one of the powered HDMI splitters on the market, then connect my existing Sony 32" LCD with max resolution of 1368x768 as well as this new Panasonic to the splitter. So 3 displays total, and I'm running Windows 7. When I do this, will each display be capable of displaying its own optimal resolution (ie, 1368x768 for the Sony and 1920x1080 for the Panny)? Or will the resolutions be forced down to the greatest common denominator such as 1024x768? If it will get forced down using the splitter, is there any other setup that will allow me to output to all three displays from my VC and get max resolution on each one?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts