AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Samsung 50" plasma 720 that receives HD input from a Dish HD receiver.

I am getting ready to purchase an HD projector that I need to hook up to the same receiver.

Since the Dish receiver has only 1 HDMI out, I am guessing I need to get a splitter. If so, what should I get? Should I buy for the future (i.e. 4x1 vs. 2x1)?

Is there anything else I need to make sure I get the HD signal to both the Samsung tv and the projector?

Also, I need to run the projector hdmi cable 60 ft. Long way, so I think I need to get the thickest cable possible right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
You should get a switch not a splitter. A splitter will just cause HDCP issues. I have a Monoprice 4x2 switch (4 in/2 out) and for the most part it works excellent.

·
Registered
897 Posts
HDMI can't be split because it carries two way communication. The same as an Ethernet data cable can't be split.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you want to watch both screens at the same time, you need a powered splitter. If you look through these threads, people have them in use.

As for your 60 ft run, try the highest quality, heaviest guage you can find for the price, but you still may need an signal amplifier.

I'm pretty sure they would not sell HDMI splitters if they did not work....
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts