AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Am looking for exactly this item but monoprice will not have it for a long time.

so am trying to find anything similar, what i want to do is simple in theory i want all my HDMI cables go through a box that takes them all and sends them through one HDMI out cable that i connect to my HDTV for picture.

then all the audio coming from those HDMI cables routed to one toslink/optical cable out that i can connect to my headphones.

is anyone using anything similar ? or has a similar setup ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindi_boy /forum/post/18287377

Hello guys,

Am looking for exactly this item but monoprice will not have it for a long time.

so am trying to find anything similar, what i want to do is simple in theory i want all my HDMI cables go through a box that takes them all and sends them through one HDMI out cable that i connect to my HDTV for picture.

then all the audio coming from those HDMI cables routed to one toslink/optical cable out that i can connect to my headphones.

is anyone using anything similar ? or has a similar setup ?

thanks in advance

I have never used headphones and was not aware that they would accept a digital input which would require them to have a DAC (digital to analog converter) built inside, so I am curious if that is really the case with your headphones. Have you connected your headphones with a digital input before? If not and I my skepticism is correct, you will need a DAC with analog output and a volume control (which your headphone may have) to do what you want.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts

Quote:

That's called an Audio/Video Receiver (AVR).

Quote:

AVRs have headphone outputs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my headphone SE-DIR800C (it's a kickass piece of gadget check it out) it accepts optical/toslink input.

i dont want to pay for an AV receiver without installing speakers to it.

which i won't do.

anything similar to the one i posted ?

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
For now, to drive your digital headphones, your source devices will have to have non-HDMI digital audio connections. Optical digital audio switches are readily available for much less than $100. Digital audio switches that can handle both optical and RCA usually cost more than $100. A web search will find many suppliers if you search for

digital audio switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts