AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have an LG 32LH20 TV. Lightning struck my comcast line, went through the cable box and toasted one HDMI port on my TV. Long story. Now I'm trying to hook up 2 devices with a HDMI switch. I want to use a Comcast cable box and a Samsung BD-C6500 Blu-ray player. The TV and Blu-ray player are both running the latest firmwares available. I have tried 2 HDMI switches, and they are both having compatibility issues with the Blu-ray player. I have tried swapping cables, switch ports, etc.

These are the 2 switches I tried.

First: HDMI 3-In 1-Out HDMI Auto Switch with 1.3 ft. Cable
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Second: Apogee HDMI 3x1 Mini Switcher
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

The first one didn't even come close to working with the Blu-ray player. The picture would drop out 80% of the time. I got the Apogee switch today. It was better, but still not working. When using the Blu-ray player, the screen flickers to a white screen about every 15 seconds or so. This is frustrating. I love this Blu-ray player and the smooth Netflix interface is has. Can anyone recommend a HDMI switch that might work with this player? I really would like it to me at least a semi automated switch that will switch to the device that was powered on last.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried a third seemingly higher quality switch from www.octavainc.com

Similar result, and then after a few minutes, the LG TV started showing invalid format. It was fine on the samsung welcome screen, but would switch to invalid as soon as I played a DVD.

If I change the samsung player from auto to either 1080i, or 720p, everything works great.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkitchin /forum/post/19658177

I tried a third seemingly higher quality switch from www.octavainc.com

Similar result, and then after a few minutes, the LG TV started showing invalid format. It was fine on the samsung welcome screen, but would switch to invalid as soon as I played a DVD.

If I change the samsung player from auto to either 1080i, or 720p, everything works great.

That everything works at 1080i or 720p but not 1080p sounds like a bandwidth problem. Are your cables all high speed certified? Maybe when you added cables for the switcher, your now just over the limit of what your cables can handle?

Since it works at some points, I'm thinking it isn't an HDMI version compatibility problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts