AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a HDMI switcher that can send analog audio out.

This strange request is required since I have two components (one being a PS3) that can send 1080p signal, but the Panny TH-50PF9 can only accept 1080p through its DVI card (using a DVI/HDMI converter cable). The DVI input on the Panny only accepts 3.5mm analog audio input -- I would like to use the speakers that are attached to the TV.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info -- Appreciate it!

I have looked into Atlona AT-HD41D but it appears to only offer digital audio output. Would need to convert the digital audio to analog for the TV input.

With Octava, the 3x1 HDMI switch with L/R Audio Routing seemed perfect until I did some research and found the analog audio is not actually split from HDMI -- the analog ports and HDMI are independent.

With Monoprice, the 4X1 HDMI 1.3b Certified Switcher with Toslink & Digital Coaxial port seems to hit all the marks. It offers 3.5mm stereo output. Unfortunately after reading the reviews, it seems this switch has issues with locking up and needed to be rebooted constantly -- Which I would love to avoid.

Anything I may have overlooked? Again appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a slightly different problem in that I have a Lexicon MC8 with no HDMI input. This means I cannot get the most out of the new PS3 as 7.1 etc is only output via the HDMI cable and not the Optical out. Does anyone know how I can keep the HDMI going to the screen, as now, but split the HDMI sound signal and route it to the Lexicon. the Atlona is quite expensive and I am not sure it does what I want. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceybo1 /forum/post/19725558

I have a slightly different problem in that I have a Lexicon MC8 with no HDMI input. This means I cannot get the most out of the new PS3 as 7.1 etc is only output via the HDMI cable and not the Optical out. Does anyone know how I can keep the HDMI going to the screen, as now, but split the HDMI sound signal and route it to the Lexicon. the Atlona is quite expensive and I am not sure it does what I want. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Vince

Deleted by author

·
Registered
2 Posts
Andy,

Thanks, looks a good piece of kit. Unfortunately all my research shows that the MC8 cannot reproduce Dolby TrueHD as it only has 5 inputs or Optical. So it cannot do anything with this box.

Looks like selling the MC8 and investing in a new Preamp!

Cheers,

Vince

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceybo1 /forum/post/19750404

Andy,

Thanks, looks a good piece of kit. Unfortunately all my research shows that the MC8 cannot reproduce Dolby TrueHD as it only has 5 inputs or Optical. So it cannot do anything with this box.

Looks like selling the MC8 and investing in a new Preamp!

Cheers,

Vince

Answer deleted by author

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.