AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please.. I currently have my plasma connected to HDMI and my cable to DVI. I'm switching to DirectTV next week and found out that the HD box is HDMI. Do I need to replace the cable with a HDMI to HDMI cable or can I use my existing cable with a HDMI to DVI adaptor? If I use the adaptor will I lose any PQ? as always thanks..

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Either method would work, both would cost you about the same... What Directv box are you getting? The HR10-250 comes with a free cable, can't comment on the H10 but downloading the manual off directv.com should answer the question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually getting the HR10 and the H10. Interesting that one comes with the box. Is the cable any good? I'm not sure if I understand your point on costing the same. Wouldn't cost me more to buy the HDMI to HDMI cable? Also, if I stuck with an adaptor, do you think I loose any PQ? Thanks again..

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The cable in the box with the HR10-250 is fine, with DVI-D and HDMI, it's 1's and 0's going across the cable, as long as they get from point A to point B, the PQ will always be the same regardless of the cable.

As for my point of costing the same, the place I order cables from lists a DVI to HDMI adapter for $25 and a 3 foot HDMI cable for $25, therefore either option costs the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.