AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, sorry I am new here and tried searching my problem... couldn't find an answer. I have a Optoma DX605 (aka EP719) Projector that has DVI, VGA, S-Video and an Audio port.

My question is what would be the cheapest solution to using an HDMI reliant piece of hardware with my projector?

My problem is that I realize audio and video share the HDMI port and are fed through the same cable.. I was also told HDMI video output and DVI are close or identically the same?

I want to be able to use the HDMI video output and purchase some type of sound system to run the audio. (Somewhat of a budget)

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat /forum/post/20833641

I use cable that has hdmi on one end and dvi on the other and adapters.

Thanks for the reply!

What could I do about audio then, though? Say I have a PS3 and plug an HDMI cable into it that goes to DVI.. wouldn't the audio be lost? or can I connect another type of audio to a surround sound system via other ports?

Is there some sort of splitter for the audio and video?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20833683

Yep, and HDMI-DVI cable is what you need. I probably have 10 of them laying around my office.

Sweeet. This should be easier than I had thought.

Would someone be so kind as to show me what exactly on MonoPrice I could use to simultaneously split one HDMI port into audio and video capable HDMI ports or a DVI and HDMI port?

One that'd work at the same time.. I was reading that some of them only work one port at a time, somewhat like a switch between outputs.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat /forum/post/20833763

with a computer use the mini jack or optical out.
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...diooutput.html

Okay, my remaining question i: what about devices that ONLY have an HDMI port out and no component ports?

I realize the PS3 is easy to reroute the audio through the options, as I checked. Thanks, helps alot! However, for something like a google box media server, which only has one HDMI out and no other forms of output; what would be the solution to getting both video and audio out?

Thanks alot for you help guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat /forum/post/20833763

with a computer use the mini jack or optical out

Okay, my remaining question is: what about devices that ONLY have an HDMI port out and no component ports?

I realize the PS3 is easy to reroute the audio through the options, as I checked. Thanks, helps alot! However, for something like a google box media server, which only has one HDMI out and no other forms of output; what would be the solution to getting both video and audio out?

Thanks alot for you help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.