AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I can't seem to get any video on my tv through the HDMI to DVI cable, but when I hook up the Component cable, everything works OK. I want to hook up the HDMI to DVI cable to get a better picture (so the signal remains digital straight through from the Yamaha to the Sony TV).

This is what I have:

YAMAHA HTR6140 AVR receiver with HDMI out (just purchased it)

SONY KP-46WT510 wide screen Rear Projection TV with DVI-HDTV input (video input #7)

My problem is....I can hear the audio through the Yamaha because I am using the optical out from my Viewsat and feeding that into the Yamaha, but I am getting no video....I have switched the TV to "Video 7" (which is the DVI-HDTV input), but just have a black screen.

I have the same issue when I use the DVD player.

In the Sony manual it states:
DVI - Can accomodate a copyprotected digital connection (HDCP) to other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. The DVI-HDTV input terminal is compliant with the EIA-861 standard and is not intended for use with personal computers.

Shouldn't the HDMI to DVI cable work for me in this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Make sure are sending a resolution that the TV will accept over HDMI such as 720p or 1080i.

Also I suggest by passing the A/V box till you everything working correctly without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
figured out the problem to be the Yamaha recvr (6140) ...it does not up convert the signal...

so basically, whatever inputs you use...you have to use the same outputs....thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts