AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My my LG DU37Z doesnt have HDMI connection as it is this years model and its on clearance which i got it for 2400 the 2006 model was about 3200 and has HDMI. I see that the LG LDA-511 has HDMI. Would the difference be noticable and worth the extra 1g to purchase a TV with HDMI?

If I purchase one of these cables HDMI to DVI how much of a difference would it be from a hdmi to hdmi connection?

TIA

Your total newb

john

·
23,031 Posts
Simple answer. As long as the cheaper model has DVI/HDCP input, you are all set. If the cheaper model only has analog (component) input(s), then you may want to consider HDMI. Since you mentioned, HDMI-DVI, I assume you have DVI input. The are differences between HDMI and DVI with the video data formats available (HDMI is a superset of DVI), but at the momemt it is tough to utilize some of the new formats that HDMI supports. HDMI can also carry audio.

larry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks larry, my tv does have the DVI input. I was just wondering if there was gonna be major difference in the video quality. I guess not so onto getting an HDMI player I will

·
23,031 Posts
Also, don't let anybody talk you into an expensive HDMI->DVI cable. You don't need to spend more than $20-$30.

larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.