AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking again with you folk to see if there might be a HDMI to Firewire adapter?

It probably isn't designed to work that way,but I have a JVC HD VCR that only allows Firewire input for HD recording.

Of course Dish Network does NOT have a Firewire output (only cable does) so I can't record Jack.......my fault for buying the JVC in the first place,and can't afford to switch back to Cable....for now.

CC

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Rider
Just checking again with you folk to see if there might be a HDMI to Firewire adapter?

It probably isn't designed to work that way,but I have a JVC HD VCR that only allows Firewire input for HD recording.

Of course Dish Network does NOT have a Firewire output (only cable does) so I can't record Jack.......my fault for buying the JVC in the first place,and can't afford to switch back to Cable....for now.

CC
Nope - sorry - HDMI is *UNCOMPRESSED* Digital and 1394 is compressed so you can't just convert it.

HDMI is protected - before any output is sent out the receiving device must be 'compliant'. Basically compliant means no recording.... Just our Hollywood friends at work!

Do a search on HDMI and HDCP and you'll find all kinds of info on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.