AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 27" 16:9 Intergraph CRT & a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD w/ HDMI & component out. Is it possible to output HD to my monitor via VGA? Can I use cables and adapters or do I need some kind of converter? Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think they make component video to RGB converters (VGA connection). That may do the trick. What connections does your Intergraph have?

HDMI is probably out of the question unless the monitor is HDCP capable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an Intergraph Interview 28hd96 and has VGA 15 pin input and RGB 5 minicoax BNC. I have an ATI OTA HDTV card and have played i1080 .ts captures on it and it looks amazing. It retailed for $9,995 in 97 and I'd love to get my HD box to feed it. Is there loss of quality or resolution with those converters? Any one you recommend? Thanks a ton.

P.S. I have looked around online and can't find any documentation about this thing. I doubt it's HDCP compatible.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have no experience with these converters/cable adapters/transcoders, but I doubt there is any significant loss of quality. If you get a transcoder, make sure you get one that does Component to VGA, not VGA to componenent. They seem to be different models (with different prices).

You might be able to get away with a simple cable adapter if your monitor is component capable, otherwise you need a transcoder instead of a simple cable adapter. Do your research before you buy anything.

Here is a link to a page that has quite a few options: http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/video-to-vga.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Did you got any succes to display HDTV on that Monitor?

I have the same monitor from Intergraph.

I think i will buy the hdmi/component to vga transcoder from moome.

(cant post an url right now??)

greetz from Dereck ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.