AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a bit confused in selecting a Receiver.

My Samsung LCD is HDMI 1.0, however thinking about getting a decent receiver which has 1.3 and the PS3 which has 1.3. Would I be able to use the functionality for 1.3, in regards to the sound as the links would be passing through the receiver and the video would remain 1080p with the HDMI 1.0 cable?

I am hoping that this would be possible as the PS3 would be hooked into the receiver with HDMI 1.3 cables.

If anyone has insight into this please help. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mike

·
23,073 Posts
Everything should work just fine. For video via HDMI, the only thing your TV can't do is "deep color" and I can't think of why you'd need it except for some "HD Mini Cams" that can use it. All the other other common V1.3 features are for audio and will be used between your sources and your receiver. And don't get hung up on the cables. For short lengths any HDMI cable will do just fine.

larry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.